Notes from this podcast:
- Flagstaff is about 2 hours north of Phoenix via the I-17 and is generally at least 20 degrees cooler
- Mt Humphreys is the tallest spot in Arizona at 12,600 ft
- Average hike time up Mt Humphreys is 5 to 8 hours
- Take a Camelbak backpack with water and food
- Pack a raincoat as the weather changes quickly and severely at this altitude
- Have fun by setting a 15 minute timer and take 1 to 2 minute breaks when it goes off. This will keep you rested and solve and group tension that might arise with faster and slower hikers.